Monday, October 11, 2010

I am a blogger - finally!

Would you believe it - it took me more than thirteen years to get to writing a blog on the net! (Assuming, as most people believe, that web blogging first started around 1997)

No, I was never shy of either writing or technology - I have been writing since my school days, and I was one of the first to register on HotMail back in the early days when it was lauched.

So why did it take me so long to get on the blogging scene? Maybe I still like the feel of pen on paper. Maybe I was not ready to throw back the blinds and expose my half-baked compositions to the whole wide world. Maybe, being in IT, I wanted at least one aspect on my life to remain untouched by the ubiquitiuos computer. Maybe I was just plain lazy....

Anyway, that's history now. I finally decided to exchange ink and paper for font and editor - to watch my meagre contributions jostle for space amongst the online universe - a tiny, faint twinkle among the thousands of galaxies and supernovas.

Thus begins what I hope will be a long journey - a running conversation between me and you netizens out there. Wish me luck, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment